1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Well I grew a backbone and learned to say “no” every once in awhile. I created this blog and kept it up, despite my lack of motivation at times. I fell in love, truly. Lived in this country by myself, got crossfaded and some other things i would rather not say on here 🙂
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make resolutions at any time of year, I make them as I see fit. I’ve worked really hard to change my diet, exercise more, and not let people walk all over me. I think I’ve succeeded at these goals but all three require continuing attention.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, thank god!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A really close friend and 2 uncles… sigh…
5. What countries did you visit?
Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore…
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I’d really love to own a PS3. It’d be nice to play Grand Theft Auto again. I have over 500 hours invested into GTA titles on PS2. I’m not about to switch to fucking XBOX controls now. I have some tough decisions to make.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
I seem to only recall negative actual “dates”, but general good things happened, so I’ll choose to think of those rather than the dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess I worked through some of my personal issues this year, and partied differently and had loads of fun in doing so. I also have gotten more self-confident, especially when it comes to men.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Men. Relationships, in the first half of the year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Injury?
Does heartbreak count? Bruises, as always. I have no depth perception whatsoever.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Charles and Keith Peeptoe specials! They’re still in the wrapping!!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Karan, he kept me from going completely insane and causing self destruction.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My sister’s for being stubborn about being borderline anorexic!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Good question. I should ask my wallet. Seriously though, I spend a lot on shoes. Like….an amount that would make you people hate me. Other than that, I’m pretty economical. I feel I’ve made strides in that area this year. Although I aint quite there yet.
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about?
Nothing I can put my finger on… will edit, if I remember…
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Lollipop, viva la vida, whatever you like, right now na na, live your life, when i grow up, i kissed a girl, bittersweet, and the list goes on.
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Yes, a thousand times yes.
Thinner? Yes, but not as thin as I’d like, but I’m working really hard on that.
Richer? Sure! Actually, about the same, but that’s ok.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Writing, sketching… painting… iv stopped everything… arghhh!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. How will you be spending new years?
…on a road in Pune…
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
30 Rock, The Office, Dexter, O.C., Heroes, Lost (although I’ve stopped watching that crap now).
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
That’s a toughie. Usually it’s pretty locked in if I hate you or not. Celebrities, well, that’s a come and go type thing, I don’t think that counts. Um, well this entire bunch of people from Bahrain, that I’d rather not mention or their names might maim my blog. Yes, I’m a bitch, Thank you.
26. What was the best book you read?
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – special thank you to Nikhil who introduced it to me!
27. What was your biggest musical discovery?
I really enjoyed coming across M.I.A., Leona Lewis, Chris Brown, Colbie Caillat, Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Kings of Leon, Timbaland…
28. What did you want and you got?
The chance to clear up lies and rumors.
Crazy blue nailpolish.
A new mobile.
29. What did you want and not get?
The Dell Inspiron 1525 T6400
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Howl’s Moving Castle was great. Horton hears a who. Persepolis.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
I turned 23. Dammit! Did? I’d rather not remember.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Possibly more money, I mean really, who doesn’t love money?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Easy on! Easy off!
34. What kept you sane?
Escapism, pure and simple.
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Im not political…
37. Who did you miss?
My mom, my dad and my sister, in that order and my cats and dogs…
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm lots of new people and bloggers who have been beyond awesome.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Think before you act, but remember to act.
40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year:
Cuz we’re just, two lost souls, swimming in a fish bowl…